At just a year old, CHERUBS / CDHi was already establishing a large footprint in the patient and pediatric surgical community. We were young, determined, optimistic and that one word that supercharged our work – “parents”.
CDH Medical World News for 1996
- First successful fetoscopic temporary tracheal occlusion for CDH was done at UCSF by Harrison and team.
- Exit to ECMO created to help newborn patients transition from womb to ECMO.
- Latisimus Dorsi flap first used to repair CDH.
CDH International News for 1996
- CHERUBS becomes the first charity to attend the annual American Pediatric Surgical Association conference.
- First newspaper article about CHERUBS is printed.
- First natural history CDH Research Study created.
- Medical Advisory Board established.
- Our first computer was donated by GSK.
- Joined the National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc (NORD).
- Joined the Alliance of Genetic Support Groups
- Inspirational quotes added to newsletters.
- Grieving Parents column created.
- 4 newsletters published
Newsletters and Publications