April is International Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness Month. April 19th in Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness Day. Join us to help give the children a voice!
Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH) is a birth defect that occurs when a baby’s diaphragm fails to fully form, allowing abdominal organs to enter the chest cavity and preventing lung growth. CDH occurs in 1 in every 2500 babies, which equals to 1600 babies born each year with CDH in the United States alone. The overall survival rate is 50%. The cause is unknown.
Our Mission: CDH International was created to help families of babies born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia by providing support services, promoting research and raising awareness.
Share Your Story
Share your story with the media and social media.
Let us feature your child.
Learn how HERE.
Meet Our Children
Every 10 minutes a child is born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia.
Attend an Event
Even though the world is still in lockdown because of Covid, you can join in on-line or visit at Light Up.
Make A Donation
Help us to not only raise awareness but raise money for the children born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and their families.
CDH is a long journey that is emotionally, physically and financially exhausting. Help us to take some of the burden off of them while also funding research.
2021 CDH Telethon
Join Us on April 19th starting at noon EST for our 10 hour CDH Telethon.
Watch families share their stories, listen to researchers, see celebrity guest appearances and more.
Request a Light Up
We are lighting up landmarks around the world for CDH Awareness Day! Help us to raise more awareness by requesting your local landmark to light up.
Learn how to request a Light Up HERE.
How can you participate On-Line?
- Watch the CDH Telethon
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser for CDH Research
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser for CDH Support Services for families
- Share your story
- Add Ribbons beside a cherub’s name
- Request a Proclamation
- Request a Light Up
- Refer a Celebrity to Do A Video
- Participate in CDH Research
- Like & Share our Posts on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/cdhsupport
- Like &Share our Tweets – http://www.twitter.com/cherubs and http://www.twitter.com/cdhintl
- Like & Share our Posts on Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/cdhinternational
- Participate in the #snowangelchallenge. No snow? Sand, streamers, confetti, mud…. anything works!
- Join the Angel Club
- Wear CDH Awareness Gear
Scheduled CDH Awareness Light Ups
So far, the following international landmarks are lighting up to raise CDH Awareness on April 19th, 2021. For a fully updated list, as well as details for each event, please visit http://www.facebook.com/cdhsupport/events
- The Retirement Systems of Mobile, Alabama
- The Retirement Systems of Montgomery, Alabama
- Union Plaza Building in Little Rock, Arkansas
- Legislative Building in Dover, Delaware
- ICON Orlando in Orlando, Florida
- The SkyCoaster in Orlando, Florida
- King and Queen Buildings in Atlanta, Georgia
- Willis Tower Skydeck Building in Chicago, Illinois
- Indiana Power and Light Building in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Bridge in Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Flint Hills Discovery Center in Fort Manhattan, Kansas
- Lied Center of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas
- Baltimore City Hall Dome in Baltimore, Maryland
- Rose Kennedy Greenway Light Blades in Boston, Massachusetts
- Elliot Tower of Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan
- 35W St. Anthony Falls Bridge in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Power and Light Building KC in Kansas City, Missouri
- Mid Hudson Bridge in Poughkeepsie, New York
- Innovation Square in Rochester, New York
- Legacy Tower in Rochester, New York
- The Metropolitan in Rochester, New York
- The Nathaniel in Rochester, New York
- The ROC Airport in Rochester, New York
- Tower280 in Rochester, New York
- Nascar Hall of Fame in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Romare Bearden Park in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Wells Fargo in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio
- Skydance bridge in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Cira Tower in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- FMC Tower in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- One Liberty in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- PECO Crown in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Union Street Railroad Bridge in Salem, Oregon
- The Island in Pigeon Forge in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Houston City Hall in Houston, Texas
- Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center in Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Bell Tower in Perth, Australia
- Bolte Bridge in Melbourne, Australia
- Telstra Tower in Canberra, Australia
- Victoria Bridge in Brisbane, Australia
- Yagan Square in Perth, Australia
- Calgary Tower in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- High Level Bridge in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Lethbridge City Hall in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
- Telus Spark in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- The Maple Ridge City Hall in British Columbia, Canada
- BC Parliament Building in Victoria, BC, Canada
- Lafarge Lake in Coquitlam, BC, Canada
- Pinetree Way in Coquitlam, BC, Canada
- Skytrain Guideway Pillars in Coquitlam, BC, Canada
- Civic Plaza in Surrey, BC, Canada
- Port Coquitlam City Hall in Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada
- Sails Of Light in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Science World in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Vancouver Convention Center in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Vancouver Lookout in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- St. John’s City Hall, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Halifax City Hall in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Brant Street Pier and Beacon in Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- City Hall Cambridge Sign in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
- Pedestrian Bridge in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
- 3D Hamilton Sign in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Canada Life Building in London, Ontario, Canada
- City Hall of London in London, Ontario, Canada
- JA Taylor Building at Wellington and Dundas, in London, Ontario, Canada
- RBC Place Convention Centre in London, Ontario, Canada
- Fountain at the Forks in London, Ontario, Canada
- Sifton Properties on Dundas in London, Ontario, Canada
- Civic Centre Clock Tower in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Port Credit Lighthouse in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Niagara Falls in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
- CN Tower in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Charlottetown City Hall in PEI, Canada
- Regina City Hall in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Tower42, London, England
- Gateshead Millennium Bridge, Newcastle upon Tyne, England
- Margaret McMillan Tower, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
- Bradford Foster Square Arches, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
- Bradford City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
- Perth Theatre, Perth, Scotland
- Weymouth Pavilion, Weymouth, Dorset, England
- Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny, Ireland
- Dublin Convention Centre, Dublin, Ireland
- The Mansion House, Dublin, Ireland
- Letterkenny PSC, Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland
2021 CDH Awareness Month Proclamations
The following states and towns have proclaimed April as “Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness Month”. Each new proclamation is listed on our newsletter as they arrive.
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
2021 CDH Telethon Program
April 19th at 12:00 pm EST for our 10 hour CDH Telethon.
Families and researchers to be listed.
Celebrity appearances are not posted in advance.
Stay tuned for information