April is International Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness Month. April 19th in Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness Day. Join us to help give the children a voice!
Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH) is a birth defect that occurs when a baby’s diaphragm fails to fully form, allowing abdominal organs to enter the chest cavity and preventing lung growth. CDH occurs in 1 in every 2500 babies, which equals to 1600 babies born each year with CDH in the United States alone. The overall survival rate is 50%. The cause is unknown.
Our Mission: CDH International was created to help families of babies born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia by providing support services, promoting research and raising awareness.
84 Countries, Dozens of CDH Charities and 1000’s of CDH Families, Friends and Researchers unite to raise Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness
Share Your Story
Share your story with the media and social media.
Let us feature your child.
Learn how HERE.
Meet Our Children
Every 10 minutes a child is born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia.
Attend an Event
Even though the world is still in lockdown because of Covid, you can join in on-line or visit at Light Up.
Make A Donation
Help us to not only raise awareness but raise money for the children born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and their families.
CDH is a long journey that is emotionally, physically and financially exhausting. Help us to take some of the burden off of them while also funding research.
2022 CDH Telethon
Join Us on April 19th starting at 10:00 am EST for our 12 hour CDH Telethon.
Watch families share their stories, listen to researchers, see celebrity guest appearances and more.
In honor of the CDH Study Group meeting in Scotland in April, as well as the Scottish Government Approval of 2 Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness Tartans, we will be celebrating with a lot of CDH tartan this year!
Request a Light Up
We are lighting up landmarks around the world for CDH Awareness Day! Help us to raise more awareness by requesting your local landmark to light up.
Learn how to request a Light Up HERE.
How can you participate On-Line?
- Watch the CDH Telethon
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser for CDH Research
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser for CDH Support Services for families
- Share your story
- Add Ribbons beside a cherub’s name
- Request a Proclamation
- Request a Light Up
- Refer a Celebrity to Do A Video
- Participate in CDH Research
- Like & Share our Posts on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/cdhsupport
- Like &Share our Tweets – http://www.twitter.com/cherubs and http://www.twitter.com/cdhintl
- Like & Share our Posts on Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/cdhinternational
- Participate in the #snowangelchallenge. No snow? Sand, streamers, confetti, mud…. anything works!
- Join the Angel Club
- Wear CDH Awareness Gear
Scheduled CDH Awareness Light Ups
So far, the following international landmarks are lighting up to raise CDH Awareness on April 19th, 2021. For a fully updated list, as well as details for each event, please visit http://www.facebook.com/cdhsupport/events
- Tower42, London, England
- Bradford Foster Square Arches, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
- Bradford City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
- Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny, Ireland
- The Mansion House, Dublin, Ireland
2022 CDH Awareness Month Proclamations
The following states and towns have proclaimed April as “Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness Month”. Each new proclamation is listed on our newsletter as they arrive.
2022 CDH Telethon Program
April 19th at 12:00 pm EST for our 12 hour CDH Telethon.
Families and researchers to be listed.
Celebrity appearances are not posted in advance.
Stay tuned for information