2020 is going to be our BIGGEST year yet raising Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness!
The 2020 CDH Telethon
The event will start LIVE at 10:00 am on April 30, 2020.
This year, we have over 50 celebrity guests so far.
Stay tuned for more info!
Some past celebrity appearances:
CDH Awareness Light Ups
So far, the following international landmarks are lighting up to raise CDH Awareness on April 19th, 2020. For a fully updated list, as well as details for each event, please visit http://www.facebook.com/cdhsupport/events
CDH Awareness Month Proclamations
The following states and towns have proclaimed April as “Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness Month”. Each new proclamation is listed on our newsletter as they arrive.
How can you participate On-Line?
- Watch the CDH Telethon
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser for CDH Research
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser for CDH Support Services for families
- Share your story
- Retweet, repost and share our posts
- Participate in the #snowangelchallenge. No snow? Sand, streamers, confetti, mud…. anything works!
- Participate in the Photography Challenge
- Support a charity in the Alliance of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Organizations
- Participate in CDH Research
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/cdhsupport
- Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/cherubs
- Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/cdhinternational
How can you participate Off-Line?
- Wear CDH Awareness Gear
- Hold an event (after virus lock in is over)
- Attend a landmark light up or event and share photos and videos on social media
- Request a proclamation from your mayor
- Ask a local landmark to light up
- Hold a Jeans Day at work (after virus lock in is over)
- Pass out information on CDH
- Have a Restaurant Night (after virus lock in is over)
- Run a lemonade stand (after virus lock in is over)
What is it all for?
Our Mission: CDH International was created to help families of babies born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia by providing support services, promoting research and raising awareness.
Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH) is a birth defect that occurs when a baby’s diaphragm (a thin sheet of muscle that separates the abdomen from the chest) fails to fully form, allowing abdominal organs to enter the chest cavity and prevent lung growth.
CDH occurs in approximately 1 in 2500 births, with over 1600 babies diagnosed each year in the United States alone. There is currently no known cause, but studies have suggested that it is likely due to a number of genetic and environmental factors.
CDH International has worked for 25 years to help fight Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and better the lives of those affected by CDH. Through awareness, fundraising, support services, public education and research, we have directly impacted over 6500 patient families in 74 countries and 100,000’s more indirectly.
With an annual budget of just $250,000 and a 6% overhead with just 2% of our budget going to fundraising, we work diligently to serve the CDH community to the best of our ability.
Donate to help us continue this important work.